Melville Motor Club

The new home for information and discussion on the Melville Motor Club, home of motorcycle racing at East Fortune.

Senior post classics in 2017

Rgvloopy

Senior post classics in 2017

Post by Rgvloopy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Hello
I'm thinking of getting a bike to convert to post classic spec for next year as a second bike.I haven't decided which bike yet .Where can I read the rules as to what isn't and is allowed .I just want to turn up and enjoy the racing without worrying if I'm using the wrong wheels or whatever .eg some bikes made before the cut off date were still in production for years after so are parts interchangable between years or have you to stick with 16 inch wheels etc 
Any info gratefully received
John

fixer1

Re: Senior post classics in 2017

Post by fixer1 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Wets now allowed.

DonaldH

Post by DonaldH on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi there,remember club have shown interest in starting new Golden Era class for next year 400cc to 1100cc up to 93 so bodes well for later bikes and hybrid machines

Gordon

Post by Gordon on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:20 am

Class rules for Golden Era

Class year - 1st January 1988 to 1st January 1993
Class cc Limit - 250cc - 1300cc Open
Suspension - Front, Same type of forks as originally supplied with bikes. Fork types may be upgraded for larger capacity/diameter but cannot be interchanged between RWU and USD
Suspension Rear - Free
Brakes - as originally fitted to the bike although calipers from different machines are interchangeable as long as they do not increase the number of pots or for radials.
Ignition - Free with the exception of no quick shifter unless originally supplied with the bike
Engine - Free for modification although retro fitting of newer engines are not permitted unless they are within the year/model dates
Frame - Free for modification although retro fitting of newer frames are not permitted unless they are within the year/model dates.
Swing arm -As standard or period replacement / modification
Max rear tyre - 190, wets allowed - no slicks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:35 am

Current date/time is Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 am