Melville Motor Club

The new home for information and discussion on the Melville Motor Club, home of motorcycle racing at East Fortune.

Posting Photos

Tazfiend

Posting Photos

Post by Tazfiend on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:39 pm

If you want to insert photos in your posts you'll need to host your photos somewhere and insert them into your posts using the "Insert an image" button, or {IMG} tags. For those who've not done that before I thought that a "how to" post might be handy.

First you'll need to host your image somewhere. You can actually get away with linking to Facebook photos but I don't think it's the most reliable method. If you have your own webspace you can upload pictures to that. But for most people the best method is to use a service like Photobucket. It's handy to have an account like that anyway.

Once you've signed up and logged in you'll see a screen like this:

Click on either of the "Upload" buttons, that will take you to the image upload screen:

You can just drag your images from your PC into the central area, or click on the "Choose photos" button. If you do the first you can skip the next frame. If you click the button it will give you the normal open file dialogue window. Just select your photos and hit "Open".

Once you've used either of those methods to start your upload you'll see a progress bar:

Assuming all goes well you'll get a success message, and you can click on the "View Uploads" link to see the contents of your album. (You can also create new albums to organise your images, I'll leave that up to you). Now hit the "View Uploads" button.

You'll now see the images in your album. Click on the one that you want to share.

On the right hand side you'll see four different types of share link. The simplest to use is the fourth, the "IMG" link. Click in the text box to the right and you'll see it flash yellow, you've now copied the link.

Now all you need to do is insert the image into your post. Just paste the link you've copied into your post and you'll see a long link. Preview your post and you should now see your image in place.

This:
Code:
[URL=http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif[/IMG][/URL]

...becomes:

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:07 am