Melville Motor Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Melville Motor Club

The new home for information and discussion on the Melville Motor Club, home of motorcycle racing at East Fortune.

Total newbie (now with bike)

TONY
    TONY

Total newbie (now with bike) Empty Total newbie (now with bike)

Post by TONY Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi guys, I did my first post on here in early September looking for advice towards trying out racing next year, it was decided that we would have a go at pre injection 600 class because that looked the cheapest class to rebuild the bike when I drop it. Anyway I sat down and thought long and hard about it and I asked around the paddock at east fortune and decided that I wanted to race a kawasaki zx6R, bearing this in mind I went straight out and bought a cbr600, so that part didn't go to plan but anyway we have a bike, (3 bikes actually one complete and another 2 in bits If anyone needs anything), so now I need a bit of advice guys, what tyres are people using and what pressures work ? Can I up spring the forks (it feels awfully soft)  what gearing is anyone using on an old cbr600 steely ? And just any basic advice anyone would like to offer me, also how soon can I join melville club and get on with the sacu process so I can ride it, iv lost a load of weight and my leathers flap a bit nowadays is that a problem when we get to scrutineering ? I'm just a total novice that's went out and bought a bike folks so if anyone can help me or prepare me for it then please fire away, ill listen to all advice from anyone

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 pm