Melville Motor Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Melville Motor Club

The new home for information and discussion on the Melville Motor Club, home of motorcycle racing at East Fortune.

+4
Diana
Steve C
Tazfiend
j.andrucci
8 posters

A question about Post Classic qualifying

j.andrucci
    j.andrucci

A question about Post Classic qualifying Empty A question about Post Classic qualifying

Post by j.andrucci Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:08 pm

post classic qualifying.
    this is a one for the powers that be in the mmc. to sort out. we are now having big fields in this class with a lot of novices and new starters in it. the difference in  speeds of the fastest and the slowest is vast and in the races the speed difference is getting to be dangerous. would it not be better and safer to have a cut off time for qualifying, and them not making the cut off time race with the f125/classics.anybody who's times improve enough  come straight back into post classic race. if any of the usual fast ones ( you know who they are) don't register a qualifying  time, they would not go in the other race ,they would just start at the back of the grid. I have seen some near misses this season that could have been nasty, we don't want anybody hurt. what do you think?
    Tazfiend
    Tazfiend

A question about Post Classic qualifying Empty Re: A question about Post Classic qualifying

Post by Tazfiend Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 pm

It's a good question, one I'd not thought about before. I was vaguely under the impression that they did have a cut off in all the classes?

From my own point of view I have to say it's not something I've found too worrying but I understand your thinking.
    Steve C
    Steve C

A question about Post Classic qualifying Empty Re: A question about Post Classic qualifying

Post by Steve C Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Since we're talking about qualifying, I like to bring up the idea of changing qualifying positions over the weekend.

If one of the "fast boys" has a bad qualifying and they start at the back of the grid they are going to take no prisoners going through the slower riders trying to salvage some points. And this happens for all 4 races over the weekend.

What about the grid positions being where you finished the last race. The first race grid positions still being determined by qualifying.
    Diana
    Diana

Post by Diana Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:48 am

Cut-off in times - I did ask last year at a couple of events, but generally it was only done in big bike class. Will talk to the Clerk's again.

As to re-doing grids, we asked a couple of years ago, and the consensus was to leave as we did it. Whatever way, it's not fair for someone.
    Tazfiend
    Tazfiend

Post by Tazfiend Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:37 am

Regarding the cut off times I have one concern:

In the big classes if you don't make the cut off time you get put in a slower class. What class would people cut be racing in? The last thing I'd want to see would be people excluded. I'd rather have to be aware of the back markers. I'm not right up the front but I'm not slow and I haven't found it that problematic.
    Diana
    Diana

Post by Diana Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:54 pm

I gave those moved the points for their original class, as if they finished behind the others in the race, if that makes sense.
    DonaldH
    DonaldH

Post by DonaldH Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi guys,just a thought regarding the subject of qualifying,whilst there is a bit of a gulf in times between those at the front and those at the back splitting the class fragments our group at a time when we need more people coming into Post Classics,the grids have lost few faces this year and with luck they ll pick up 2015 but I feel dividing the group is a big no no.If you know of anybody wanting to race or a machine sitting doing play Cupid and get involved,the more the merrier......All good.
    Tazfiend
    Tazfiend

Post by Tazfiend Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Gotta say I agree with that.
    kris#5
    kris#5

Post by kris#5 Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Yeah gotta agree with the above, let's try and get some new faces involved in the post classics. :-)
    DonaldH
    DonaldH

Post by DonaldH Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:32 pm

I hear there s a bit of Facebook chat regarding qualifying,I m all for free speech but may I remind my fellow PC riders that no one person or even 4 or 5 speak for the majority of our class,back in September at riders meeting was your time to speak,we have told Diana the rules were to remain unchanged.Racing is by nature dangerous,I doubt there are many riders in any class who don't have close shaves during races,it ain't t tiddlywinks !....It s only a few seasons since our class was split with conflicting opinions on tyres and stuff and no real direction,it s taken us long enough to unite juniors and seniors and get our own grid ,now the few have other ideas !,as one of the longer serving Post Classic riders I think the blinkers need to come off and face the facts the grids are getting smaller not bigger and until the numbers pick up the grid must remain together,it s not very sporting to suggest your fellow riders that you think you re better or faster than them,it s disappointing that yet again our class seems divided,in years gone by I reckon the club got fed up with all our classes moaning and disagreements,we ve got a great class ,use your energy wisely think of ways of building it up,bringing in new riders and ways to make us stronger.The paying public come to see full grids and racing throughout the grid ,ladies and gents lets keep it that way....
    kaye62
    kaye62

Post by kaye62 Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Agreed!
    Quazi
    Quazi

Post by Quazi Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:48 pm

If I may respond.

It's my third year with you all this year and whilst I am still trying to improve my personal bests, I am in this for fun, not to risk everything for a result, I wouldn't want to punt anybody off for the sake of a result.
    It is obvious there are differences in speed throughout the class, that is the nature of having an array of different bikes of all shapes and sizes in the same field, with that comes an array of abilities.

We must remember that whilst it is good to have a competetive edge, most folk enjoy their racing for their own acheivements, regardless of what they are.

I shall be attending when I can this year and doing what I can, I hope we all have a good time doing it in the process.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:55 pm